I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Galloping towards Malta, by Stevie Haston.


 It went from summer to a rain splattered autumn before I had done any climbing so with an invitation and eager mates I'ave decided to go back. Why do I go, well because of the weather its so constant over the winter months and the routes are just a delight. 

This is strong Jeff on the first bit of King, one of my pals and the man the Maltese climbers should thank the most for all his hard work.



Tilted photo of me on a slab! But to be honest that's how it feels, ha ha, maybe it will feel steeper for you come and try.



This is the route people like to try, do, or fall off, grade seems to vary from 4 to 6c depending which particular family of baboons you owe loyalty to.



One of the incredible easy fantastic lines you can do, probably first done by a drunk Gozo fisherman 1000 years ago!


This is Jeff sampling the condition dependent crux of Dinosaur Balls 8a+, its tricky and very exposed!


This is a lovely 7a I have fallen off occasionally, by my village there some gorgeous rock and lovely views, it's not bad at all.



 Jeff getting psyched for something, he looks serious, he's on top of the crag called the Underworld, one of the best parts of the universe, and I can't wait to get back.


Inigo looking masterful, without his cameras enjoying the black slab, time to get on steeper hellish terroitory and get terrified mate, I am coming, prepare to meet your nemesis.   Cant bloody wait, got a bit of time to shed some kilos before Malta shreds me with its sharp rock.